It’s no secret that college students have a pretty lengthy “to-do” list, especially college students who are new to the game. Don’t let the task of figuring out where to keep all your stuff during this transition be one of them! Self-storage units are the perfect solution for safeguarding your belongings while you are away. With all their experience, they have a few tips to help you ease the stress!
Organize Your Space
Regardless of dorm living or sharing a rental, you will find yourself wishing you had a bit more elbow room. Between storage units, command hooks, and other organizing accessories, you can make the most of the small space you will find yourself with. Give the following tricks a try:
- Give bed risers a try. This will let you use under-bed storage containers for things that your don’t use daily,
- Not enough closet space? Get some clothing racks. There are so many options of these out there with varying sizes and configurations.
- Store towels and sheets in hanging organizers
- Keep track of your smaller items in baskets
- Use command hooks to create vertical and overhead space
Situations Where a Storage Unit is the Best Answer
Life is unpredictable, right? The unexpected can create a need for self-storage. A few of those would be:
- Summer Break
- Study Abroad
- Cramped living space
- Parent repurposing room or moving
- Unexpected move
- Problems with roommates or landlords
Regardless of what the situation, you can rest east knowing that a self-storage unit will keep your possessions safe and right where you left them.
Keep Ownership of Sentimental Items
When at college, often times great connections are made and important lessons are learned about oneself and the world around them. It doesn’t take much, though, to become overwhelmed by the face-paced world. A storage-unit can help keep sentimental possessions that would otherwise have to be rehomed.
Put Your Focus on Learning, Not on Stuff
Take the stress out of figuring out what to do with off-season clothing, old textbooks, and extra furniture shouldn’t take up your valuable time! Regardless of your situation, I can guarantee that there is a self-storage unit that will fit your needs!