Automated Advanced Mentoring
To get the full benefits from our mentoring program, we have found that it’s best to start by laying the proper Foundation. In this “Super Session”, we’ll discuss the 5 elements crucial to your success:
- Mindset– How to Clear the clutter in your life and in your head before we begin the program. Then, we’ll set realistic, attainable goals, and set action steps to achieve them.
- Time Management – It’s a myth – I’ll reveal how to get more done in a day than ever Before!
- Tools – I’ll share my top tools, resources, websites, companies, and people that have not only made me, but so many of your fellow Students Succeed where others Fail.
- Execution – We will give you all the knowledge, but it’s no good without Execution. I’ll show you how to avoid the “failure to launch” syndrome. First things First – What to do 1st, then the following steps in the program and How to Use our Team.
- Secrets to Success – My personal story behind why I recommend our Success book trio (these three books are included in your program) – Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and the 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss, and what they mean to your success.
Three Mastermind Calls with Scott Meyers®, Personally, to Hold You Accountable and Help You Reach Your Self Storage Investing Goals
Imagine if you had:
- Direct access to The Nation’s Foremost Authority on Self Storage Investing to answer your toughest (and simplest) questions.
- A way to shorten the learning curve and buy your first or next property quicker by working with someone who has walked the path before you and who is still actively investing in today’s market.
- A structured mentoring process to gain a better understanding of the Self Storage industry and its opportunities as well as challenges by “masterminding” each month.
- Assistance with goal formation and attainment with monthly accountability and personal guidance.
- A customized plan to quickly get you onto the path of making more money in real estate with the easiest commercial investing strategy on the planet by working along side me, where I’ll assist you with analyzing the deals in your pipeline and provide valuable experience through every step of the process.
Twelve Months of Training With Six of My Mentors to Help Ensure Your Success. These Calls Will Be One-on-One, Live and Interactive.
Questions? Ready to sign up? Click HERE!
The roll of your personal mentor is to encourage, educate and empower you to change and reach your goals through our help and guidance. For the serious, committed students, our training programs are the ultimate answer for producing quick and lasting results. Our programs and training are customized for the individual to take you from beginner to millionaire, enabling you to make more money in a shorter period of time while avoiding costly mistakes.
Our goal is to take you and your business to the next level by assisting you in developing an action plan and teaching you processes that will produce measurable results.
Weekly Topics Will Include:
Choosing a Market: You’ll learn how to focus your search – to determine whether you should look for facilities in your own backyard, or cast a wider net. Your mentor will discuss the pros and cons of each approach and help you decide what best suits you and your goals. Additionally, you will work together to identify a targeted deal size (price and facility size), build a database using Reference USA, and formulate your acquisition criteria. This will aid in focusing your marketing efforts on only the facilities that fit within your acquisition Criteria.
Identifying Owners: Your mentor will assist you in working through the various resources available to identify the true ownership of facilities that may not be included in the Reference USA Database.
Understanding Industry Terms (The Lingo): Your mentor will provide you with all the terms and corresponding definitions that drive Self Storage real estate. This session will be a “soup to nuts” look in to all the industry terms and definitions to give you the utmost confidence when talking with owners and Brokers. We will also break down the entire Underwriting process and the full range of Income, expenses, and calculations used to underwrite the deals.
Full Service Marketing Plan Description
Creating a Marketing Plan: Together with your mentors, you will choose a target market for direct mailings to self storage owners. You will edit and personalize the marketing letter template provided by your mentors with your own data (name, email and phone number). Your mentor will then purchase the mailing list, coordinate the mailing of the letters and organize the call center.
Collecting Data: You will soon receive emails from the call center when motivated seller begin calling in response to your letter. Your mentors will coach you on building rapport and credibility with sellers as you gather data on the facilities to evaluate the business using our valuation software.
Email Support and Closing the Deal: For facilities that meet your investment criteria, we will help you put the property under contract and bring the deal to closing by taking you through due diligence step-by-step.
Understanding Self Storage Reports: Identifying the key points from the facility’s software and management reports used in underwriting, can be a very difficult task for people that are not familiar with reading them. We will take an in-depth look into the different types of property management reports generated by a number of software companies.
On Market Opportunities: Your mentor will teach you to effectively work through the on market (listed) properties available to the open public. You will learn how to QUICKLY identify a good opportunity from an overpriced one. Many of our mentors are brokers themselves, and engaging in market deals affords you the opportunity to have professional representation by your mentor/broker.
Engaging Brokers: Your mentor will assist you in building the skill set necessary to PROPERLY engage self storage brokers and STAY on their radar when good Deals come across their Desk.
Cold Calling 101: Now that it is time to start calling owners, your mentor will provide you with a script and you will practice role-playing to perfect your cold calling techniques. We will discuss the individual parts of the cold call and assist in overcoming objections and how to close for the meeting.
The Site Visit: Your mentor will provide you with step by step checklists, the knowledge of what to look for, and a list of questions to ask an owner/broker about the operation. A site visit is a process that generally doesn’t change from facility to facility. Developing good habits will allow you to effectively gather the necessary information from a seller that you need to make a thorough, educated decision.
Underwriting 101: This is part one of a two-week underwriting process. Your mentor will walk you through the Site Description/Layout, Unit Mix and Income and Expense tabs of the financial model and corresponding underwriting Software.
Underwriting 102: In Part-Two, Your mentor will assist you in understanding the various final pages of the financial model which include the Pricing and Financial pages plus the Financing and Investment Summary Pages. You will also be given a sample project for you to fully underwrite and a full break down upon completion.
Get Funding in Today’s Lending Environment:
What holds most people back? In real estate the most common answer is the money. Yet, we have found that there is an abundance of available investment funds out there for you if you know how to promote your potential deal and use certain key words to get people interested in talking to you about your project. Our coaching team has a specialist that will work with you to develop your marketing and capital raising program to the next level. You will learn how to find affluent investors, find new sources of capital you might not know about, and finally how to put it into action for your Self Storage investing career.
Understanding Your Offering:
- Why Do I Want to Do Your Deal?
- Talking Points
- Handling Objections / Rejections and Creating Closings
Creating the Subject Matter Expert in You:
- Taking Your Talking Points to Your Current Network
- Identifying Peer Groups
- Tapping Into the Affluent Market
Finding High Net Worth Individuals:
- Refining Talking Points
- Reviewing Investor Offers
- Putting a Deal Together
Questions and Answers On:
- Talking Points
- Structuring the Deal
Accountability and Deal Analysis: Your mentor will now transition to an accountability mentor and consultant. Together, you and your mentor will create a checklist of activities that you will be expected to maintain on a weekly basis. Additionally, your mentor will assist you with live analysis on the ACTUAL deals that you’re currently sourcing in the Marketplace.
Writing and Negotiating a Winning Offer: Your mentor will help you turn your sample underwriting assignment into an offer. Together, you will write a mock Letter of Intent (LOI), and discuss the talking points of the offer.
Navigating the SBA 7A Loan Program to Purchase Self Storage Facilities!
SBA Financing is one of the most overlooked and misunderstood tools available to self storage owners and investors. In today’s environment where leverage is limited, it’s still possible to receive up to 90% financing with an SBA mortgage especially now, since Self Storage properties were recently added to the list of approved property types for SBA loans. They have also recently increased their lending limits and relaxed the qualifying factors. So if you have been turned down in the past, it might be time to take a new look.
Our in-house SBA expert will teach you the ins and outs of the SBA 7a Loan program that is quickly becoming the “go to” loan for financing and refinancing self storage facilities. He’ll share what type of facility qualifies for the program and the requirements necessary for underwriting them and ultimately, gaining approval. He’ll also look at any deals you may have in your pipeline and refer you to one of our preferred lending partners that specialize in SBA loans for Self Storage Facilities.
- SBA 7a
- SBA Documentation
- Income Statement vs. Cash Flow
- Review Any Live Deals
Questions and Answers:
- On All SBA Docs
Wrap-Up With Your Mentor and Final Deal Analysis:
Also Included in the One Year Advanced Mentoring Program
THAT’S RIGHT YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE OR PARTNER CAN VISIT WITH ME AND OUR STAFF, LIVE, TO REFRESH YOUR TRAINING – AS OUR ACADEMY CONTINUES TO IMPROVE AND RE-INVENT ITSELF EACH SESSION. IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN, HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE:
- Your choice of any/all of my 3 academies per year.
- You’ll meet my team: My managers, supervisors, bankers, and acquisition managers.
- The widely anticipated VIP networking mixer on opening night.
- You’ll get more case studies, more live deal analysis, more financing strategies and more Q&A sessions!
- Wine tasting and a Virtual or Site tour.
SELF STORAGE ADVANCED MENTORING – PERSONAL ACQUISITION MANAGER SUPPORT:
- Live Deal Analysis once all Property Information has been collected from the seller/broker AND run through the Prospect fact sheet software and/or Self Storage Valuator Software.
- Review of LOI (Letter of Intent) and Purchase Agreement.
- Deal Structure Assistance.
- Feedback and experience sharing during the Negotiation Process.
- Review of any counter offers.
- Live phone call support during initial negotiation and Offer Phase.
- Email support for Due Diligence Questions.
- Referrals and References of Strategic Partners and 3rd party Vendors & Support (Attorneys, Feasibility Study consultants, Due Diligence Consultants, Property Management Companies, Title Companies, Lenders, Vendors, etc.)
Receive timely answers to your questions from your Mentor and take advantage of all of my teams experience in the Self- Storage Industry. Our main goal is have you rest assured that support is just a click away!
All training calls are recorded from our group classes and archived. You will have access to learn from other Successful Student’s deals, along with all the forms, contracts, contacts, resources available through a private members only login. That’s Right, you get LIFETIME access to the member’s area – PRICELESS!
ADDITIONAL TOOLS TO HELP YOU SUCCEED
The Self Storage Association Market Inventory Study
2010 Financial & Operational Characteristics Study
Ultimate Marketing Guide FREE after your FIRST DEAL
FOR 12 FULL MONTHS
* A 30-minute video of one of my lectures containing everything you need to get started in the self-storage industry, including advice on construction, buying facilities, new technologies, and more.
* A 20 page extended monthly newsletter packed with the latest information, trends, news, and advice from experts throughout the self-storage industry. Articles, Newsletters, and Marketing News.
* EXCLUSIVE MONTHLY “CLUB ONLY” WEBINAR with industry movers and shakers, featuring real-time discussions of and reactions to all the latest news in our business and in the economy as a whole.
* The “Monthly Webinar” on the 3rd Tuesday in a CD delivered to your home or office should you miss out on the call. * Your own SPECIAL CLAMSHELL CASE designed to hold and store a year’s worth of webinar CD’s for you to refer back to WHENEVER YOU WANT TO. (Shipped on your 2nd paying month of the club)
* DEALS – DEALS – DEALS — Hot properties from other students and private brokers, only available to the members. Remember you can always catch Scott’s Tip of the Week by becoming a member of the millionaire’s club!
While we are together we will cover the following areas:
- Develop Your Transition Priorities
- Establish Your Marketing Plan
- Identify Opportunities for Add-On Profit Centers
- Assess The Competition’s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Discuss Property Management Software, Security Systems, and Kiosk Implementation
- Design a Step-by-Step 30, 60, 90 Day List of Action Items For You to Follow
- BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, WE’LL DISCUSS HOW TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL – AND WAYS TO FIND YOUR NEXT DEAL(S) TO GROW THE EMPIRE!
And if that’s not enough, to ensure the success of your facility, we’ll also fly out my own facility specialist, Anne Williams, who will spend one entire day with you to perform the following:
- Fully transition ownership of the facility and the clients to the buying entity along with welcome letters, etc.
- Discuss branding and market positioning
- Assist in choosing property management software
- Advise or assist in setting up your kiosk
- Assist in establishing a security system and procedures
- Review current lease and establish new policies compliant with local and state laws
- Establish lien and auction procedures
- Assist in implementing the marketing plan
- Plus general “hand-holding” during this very critical stage
You’ll also receive six (6) 60 minute, live phone sessions and six months direct email support with my facility specialist Anne Williams.
THIS WILL BEGIN ONCE YOUR FACILITY HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY ACQUIRED
- Lean on an industry pro who has walked in your shoes and worked in the trenches day in and day out.
- Three personal “transition” meetings to show you the exact things you need to do to transition the property smoothly and effortlessly for both you and your customers.
- Six months of “lifeline” support for all those questions that may come up in the day to day operations in the business.
- An invaluable resource to connect you with the top vendors and third-party support companies as you expand, add profit centers and begin to create value in your facility.
- Access to one of the top Managers in the industry, who will be working on your behalf as part of your team, to teach you all you need to know about the operations side of the business.
- A Copy of The Self Storage Association Market Inventory Study
- A Copy of the 2010 Financial & Operational Characteristics Study
- My Ultimate Marketing Guide FREE After Your FIRST DEAL
- Membership In The Self Storage Millionaire’s Club FOR 12 FULL MONTHS FREE-www.selfstoragemillionaires.com
- A 30-minute video of one of my most recent “Quick Start Training Sessions” to help you get started in the self-storage industry, including advice on construction, buying facilities, new technologies, and more.
- A 20 page extended monthly newsletter packed with the latest information, trends, news, and advice from experts throughout the self-storage industry – now delivered digitally.
- EXCLUSIVE MONTHLY “CLUB ONLY” WEBINAR with industry movers and shakers, featuring real-time discussions of and reactions to all the latest news in our business and in the economy as a whole.
- The “Monthly Webinar” on the 3rd Tuesday of every month in the archives.
- DEALS – DEALS – DEALS – Hot properties from other students and private brokers, only available to the members. Remember you can always catch Scott’s Tip of the Week by becoming a member of the millionaire’s club!
If that wasn’t enough, we’re also including the following:
- Online Credibility Kit – Your own Personal Customized Website Template for Lenders, Private Investors, and Partners to learn more about You. Choose from a variety of colors and themes. All you need to do is purchase the domain name of your choice and your own hosting solution, then once you provide us with the initial content and navigation tabs, we’ll upload the site your domain/hosting for you to then maintain and change thereafter.
- Bonus: Group Webinar on Creating Your Business Plan and Loan Request using my Template.
- Access to Our New List Of Private growing Lenders and Investment Bankers/Brokers.
- Paid Mentoring Position Consideration once you have purchased a facility: You will be compensated to Attend Academies, Present your Deals to future students, and to mentor those students, work through deals, Conduct Webinars, etc.
- Exclusive Invitation To Our Annual Private Mastermind Group Meeting With Me Personally And My Team Of Mentors - Along with a NICE Dinner and Free Attendance to The newly revamped Self Storage Academy.