It's for Developers
It's For Investors.
August 22nd-24th, 2019
in Indianapolis, IN
Register now and guarantee your seat!
Get ready for three full days of content and networking, where you'll learn what's working NOW in self storage development, and how you can take advantage of the incredible demand for self-storage facilities in virtually every market.
There's a Fundamental Shift Taking Place in
Self Storage Development
The recent recession forced a number of businesses and individuals to downsize or pursue shared accommodations.
This created a nationwide spike in demand in storage for all that excess inventory and personal items that businesses and individuals couldn’t part with.
At the same time, virtually ALL new development projects were halted as the Federal Reserve viewed any new development projects brought by the banks as “risky and speculative.”
The problem is massive, and both new investors and established industry brands are understandably concerned.
But is there a solution?
There is, and we believe we’ve found it.
To win in 2019, you must build a team of capital sources and industry leading experts to move swiftly and with confidence.
Introducing... The Self Storage Developer's
The Self Storage Developer’s Academy is unique because it brings self storage developers, industry leading suppliers, and eager capital sources all together in the same room to network, share ideas and discover new opportunities.
And why are we doing this?
Because investors and developers need a road map and a team… and the leading providers of self storage building supplies and services need educated, capitalized entrepreneurs to take advantage of the hole in the marketplace.
And that’s why this event was born.
We wanted to find out what would happen when the best developers, suppliers, and capital sources get together to:
- Discuss (and debate) the latest and most innovative business models across the self storage landscape
- Share groundbreaking trends and technologies, and…
- Collaborate and forge truly innovative partnerships and joint ventures
That’s why The Self Storage Developer’s Academy was created, and now you’re invited to be a part of it.
This event is for you if:
- You’re a real estate investor looking for ways to monetize your efforts beyond traditional investing
- You’re an industry supplier looking for new sources and channels to market your products and services
- You’re an investor looking for ways to put your capital to use in a more passive way in this explosive sector
- You’re an entrepreneur who wants the inside track on this explosive industry that is being talked about in the elite investment circles
If this describes you...you need to be here.
We’ll have expert keynotes and case study sessions designed around the specific ACTION STEPS to launch or participate in a self storage project, access to our approved vendors, a site tour of multiple development projects, networking events, and much, much more.
Your ticket to The Self Storage Developer's Academy 2019 includes:
- Access to the First Annual Self Storage Developer’s Academy in Indianapolis, IN August 22nd – 24th.
- 3 FULL days of PURE CONTENT where you’ll learn what’s “working now” in self-storage development to grow your business.
- Expert keynotes and case study sessions designed around specific, ACTIONABLE topics.
- Access to approved vendors and networking events.
You're in good company...
We launched The Self Storage Developer’s Academy, because “WE ARE SELF STORAGE DEVELOPERS AND SYNDICATORS,” and we want to meet and learn from other top developers, industry suppliers, and capital providers.
Our company, SelfStorageInvesting.com, is responsible for launching:
At this event, we’re going to be “opening our house for a grand tour” and sharing exactly what’s working (and what isn’t working) in our businesses. We’ve also asked some friends and colleagues who we know are doing some innovative and exciting things to share their best strategies and tactics, too.
Some of the names you’ll recognize, but many will be new. All of them, however, will be bringing their best, and what they have to share with you just may change the direction of your company forever.
Founder & CEO
Self Storage Investing
Live Oak Bank
Business Development Manager
Store Here Management
- Registration starts at 7:45 am
- Session 1: Background, State of Industry, how to build a team, Resources
- Session 2: Marketing to Fill Your Funnel
- Session 3: Terry Cambell: Financing & SBA Loans
- Session 4: Good Broker / Bad Broker
- Virtual Site Tour
- Session 5: Self Directed IRA / 401K
- Session 6: Case Study
- Session 7: Student Case Study
- Session 8: Scott Meyers – Development & Conversions
- Session 9: – Underwriting Exercise
- Session 10: Management 101
- Session 11: Winning Big with Small Facilities –
- Session 12: Mistakes and How to Avoid Them: Secrets to Success, Next Steps
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Dates of Event?
Thursday – Saturday, August 22-24, 2019
Location of event?
We secure hotels in either the downtown city or close to the airport for convenience of our out of town travelers. Once you purchase your ticket and reserve your place, full hotel information will be sent with room block information included. PLEASE NOTE: We strongly suggest securing your place at least 30 days out from the event as Scott’s events do book up quickly.
What’s the cost of the event?
Entry for our event is a ticket for each attendee but accessibility to our FULL team during the event is FREE.
Are any meals included?
Our event planning staff takes this into consideration and will attempt to make convenient arrangements for you during the run of the event at the hotel.
Is there dress code?
The dress code for the event is casual. We do suggest that you bring a sweater or light jacket with you for when you are in the classroom as the meeting room can be on the cold side.
What is the schedule?
Please see the agenda listed above. For those of our attendees traveling for this event, we suggest planning to arrive in Wednesday evening before the event starts and flying out on Sunday to ensure that you are available for all sessions and the full event run. Also feel free to stay either before or after the event for a few days to take in local sites in the area and make a vacation out of your trip!
Can I sponsor the Self Storage Academy?
YES! If your organization wishes to sponsor the Academy please contact our event coordinator to discuss packages available at email@example.com.
What time does the event start and end?
With the exception of Thursday’s included bus tour, you are looking for a run time in the room from 8 am to 6 pm daily. Any exceptions or changes to the agenda will be announced in the room daily by Scott or the team.
I see you have a Home Study Course program, do I need that before attending this academy?
We suggest to all students to have been through The Complete Guide to Finding, Evaluating, & Purchasing Self Storage Facilities™ Home Study Course manual and training videos, PLUS the Self Storage Valuator Training before arriving to the Academy to ensure that you can follow along with all terms and training during the sessions. If you do not already possess Scott’s Home Study Course and are interested in learning more about this, please call 866-693-5999 ext.5 so that our team can assist you.
I still have questions?
Taking place in downtown Indianapolis, The Self Storage Developer’s Academy is your chance to experience a thriving city district filled with art displays, sports, festivals, unique restaurants, museums, and a sprawling urban park and outdoor concert venue; making this capital city a great destination for visitors.
Price is only $1997, Register now.